The tools and resources listed on the Invention Education Toolkit website were chosen for the purposes of reference and accessibility. A tool listed on the Invention Education (IE) Toolkit website does not indicate either endorsement or support of the resource and may be removed at any time. If any of the copyright owners do not want their resource on the IE Toolkit website, they can contact info@IE-toolkit.org, and it will be removed as soon as possible.
Rice360 and Rice University abide by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to material residing on the website that is claimed to be infringing. https://oit.rice.edu/digital-copyright-compliance-rice
Rice360 does not control content hosted on third-party websites and cannot remove content from sites we do not own or control. Therefore, if you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third-party site, and you have not authorized the use of your content, please contact the administrator of that website directly to have the content removed.
Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material, you may wish to contact a lawyer to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with Rice’s rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c) and do not constitute legal advice.
Notice of Infringing Material
To file a notice of infringing material on the website, please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example: a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example: your address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.